I have found a great free-website/ blog building site called weebly.com, which I have been playing around with for the last few weeks. The website I built has mutated into a website/blog with forum and external links to existing research! It sounds busy and confusing but I think it will be exactly what I want, which is:
- sharing my professional ideas/ thoughts/ inquiries,
- collecting and sharing links to others work,
- encouraging commenting and debate,
- affording me control over content to ensure it is appropriate,
- easily accessible through the web (and the bless site even has a mobile web application),
- easily updated, and
- has the potential to be linked to FB, Twitter, LinkdIn, etc. in the future.
I also need to get a little bit more clued up on what I can legally include and what would cause infringement of copyright as I would like to use my blog to post motivational memes as well as professional thoughts.
I hope to have it basically up and running in the next week or so (I'll blog about it and link to it from here) and would really love to people to start commenting and using the site - feedback about it here would be really appreciated.
I'm using a couple of blogs that I created earlier this month as my starting point on the site, as they are about my inquiry/ practice, so my apologies if you've read them on here.
I'd also love it if anyone has got things they would like to share on it (once you've assessed its use to you as practitioner) or even guest blogs...
OK so I'm getting a little carried away as it's not even a real site yet but I'm so a) happy and b) relieved to feel 'on the way' at last that you can't blame me for being bouncy!