Monday 8 April 2013

Literature reviews No. 1 & 2

In my first literature review I have looked at the historical development of inspiring and motivating students in education (non-dance related).
My aim was to discover the theories and concepts developed in the wider field of education, understand whether these are universal ideas, identify any relevance to my inquiry topic, and thereby develop a more objective knowledge-base from which to think about my future research.

My second literature review looks at The Student Dancer by Julia Buckroyd. A text that I've dipped in and out of for many years, found very interesting and, at times, useful, but have never taken a critical look at. My main reason for choosing it as my second piece of literature to review is the student-centric ethos, which is very close to both my heart and that of my inquiry.

S



No comments:

Post a Comment