Sunday 28 April 2013

Midnight ramble! 2 - The Return

I probably should stop blogging late at night, but then again my posts seem to be less art and more honest at this hour!

Two things occur to me tonight, after an evening spent 'Critically Reflecting' that I felt compelled to blog about:
  1. In the course of reflecting, gathering and organising material for both my proposal and critical reflection I began to realise that my inquiry, in even this preparatory stage, is affecting my practice! I am spending more time in and out of class getting my students to voice opinions, share ideas and take charge, for example, of what they 'need' help or support with. I've also seen improvements in my students attitude to class (one particular lesson springs to mind), which I believe stems from giving the students opportunity to dictate the direction the class will take (to a certain degree, of course!). I am really looking forward to continuing to read and investigate my topic of 'motivation in dance' in the next module but, if nothing else comes out of my inquiry, I will have already taken some big steps forwards!
  2. I want to say a big thank-you to you all! The path that has lead me to where I am now with my inquiry proposal was created brick by brick, not on my own but with the help of everyone I have engaged with over the last few weeks/ months. Through talking about the highs and lows of teaching, sharing ideas on student-teacher relationships, taking time out to fill in pilot surveys, exploring ethics on the SIG forums, linking to Delicious accounts...(the list goes on, and on), it has been possible to add, subtract, alter and shape my initial lines of inquiry. So yeah, take a bow cos you're all awesome! :)
S

No comments:

Post a Comment